And finally, almost a week later, the promised goods on our family reunion. We all drove the long and heinous distance to a scenic Colorado mountain town (except those lucky Coloradans). Beautiful place! Almost made up for the fact that we will, once again, not be camping in the Uintas this year :( Anyway, the first short hike was to the "rusty truck of doom" as it has been named:
The next day we made up for all that sitting in the car time by hiking straight uphill for about 7 or 8 miles. Long hike, lovely scenery, aching legs. I suppose the view was worth it :)
5 comments:
I think the "rusty truck of doom" is pretty darn cool (how often does a river go through a truck cab?). Beautiful scenery-impressed by the hike--would have been the end of me :)
hey we are coming out on Friday until the 10th of August. Want to play?
Kell, it sure was thrilling (the truck, not the hike :)
Amy, YES YES YES!!!!
So....wanna take a guess at what calling I got today in our new ward? I'll give you a clue: what is the one calling that you never want when you move into a new ward because it confines you to a 9x9 with 20 screaming children? You should be familiar with it....
Oh, Rachel, you lucky, lucky girl. Welcome to the club. Sundays will be a definite day of "rest" - but the kids are so cute!
Post a Comment