I don't have much to talk about, but I thought I'd update even if it is just to say: we are finally finished with the flooring! It took a LOT longer than we thought and we had to buy more of the laminate boards, but it was worth it. The floor looks great and most of the praise goes to Vince for his hard work. Here's a photo of the last stretch of floor that's been taunting us, all finished:
And after we celebrated that, we focused on the cabinets.
Here's a nice before photo (minus drawers):
During, with lots of mess (tell me the mess ends eventually, right?)
And an after photo (at least, for those two cabinets).
The actual cabinets look more like the above photo than these two, but for show-off sake:
I'm pretty happy with how they look (for the most part, can't get it perfect, of course). Here's a shot showing the difference in color from the upper and lower. Someday we'll get to those upper cabinets...
And now we've only got to do...ok, I better not list it off, it will only make me depressed. But, yeah for progress! And a complete floor!



5 comments:
Yay! That floor looks great! Much better than the floor Woo and I did (and you probably argued less too :). Those cabinets are a nice rich color. They don't seem to be taking an inordinate amount of time, but then again, I'm not the one doing the work :)!
Good for you!! Being in the middle of construction projects myself, I know that every finished piece is a victory! Even if the completed puzzle is still a long ways off! =)
Cheltz, oh I'm sure we argued if not more than you guys, at least as much. It was a cause of much contention and I'm happy it's done.
Lori, it always seems like there's more to do, doesn't it? Must be even harder to do with kids!
Those cabinets look great with the new flooring. And all done by yourself?! I'm impressed.
Mandy, yes we did it all ourselves. And we are appreciating it a LOT more, I think :)
Post a Comment