Well, we are discovering that trying to fix up and get in order a house while being gone at work 10-11 hrs a day and/or being in school is not so easy. Things are progressing very slowly, since there are so many demands on our time and despite a rather horrific move in weekend (which involved 1 ear infection, 1 eye infection, 1 scalp infection, 1 injured back, 1 aparment to clean, and almost 0 people to help us move), we are enjoying having more space. We even planted an orange tree in the back yard, which someday may actually bear fruit :) Enjoy some more floor progress photos for now:
It appears to be coming along quite nicely...
View of the front entryway completed.
A room finally completed! (Well, if you don't look at the edges too closely, which you can't see in this photo anyway.)
Here's the library all done too, with a few boxes of books piling up (probably about 1/4 of our boxes filled with books :)
And I had to throw in a more recent photo of what the house looks like :) Ok, this is about the first day or two after we moved, it doesn't look quite that bad now. Except in the spare bedroom, which is overrun with boxes.
And on a totally unrelated note, I did a guest post at my sis-in-law's blog Penelope's Pad a while back, so if you're looking for a good laugh, read the story about being the youngest of 8 kids :)






7 comments:
All those boxes = totally normal. In fact we still have boxes stashed in our back bathroom. Don't exactly know if that's supposed to make you feel better or not :).
I can hardly wait to see it all done.
Cheltz, SO glad it's normal, but I hope I don't have boxes lying around quite that long. I don't think our improvements are as drastic as yours and I don't have 5 kids to keep me busy :)
Mandy, thanks - me too!
The house updates are awesome!
The Newsies story also is awesome. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Did I know you when you where 12? Maybe not till we were 14 or so. I wish I had been there. I can visualize it pretty well though and it makes me so happy. Excellent.
I have Legacy and how to save a life finally from the library. Can't wait to start them! I always love your 5 stars.
Umm, I still have a few unpacked boxes... How many years have we lived here? Four? I guess I should just chuck them, since I 've lived 4 years without whatever's in them :) They probably just have... BOOKS... in them ;)
Seriously, though, the floor looks great! You're doing a nice job!
Kay, I think I was probably 14 or 15 when I finally got to be your friend :) I'm sure the visual of me clinging and singing is much better than the reality. So glad you are enjoying some of my fave books!
Karen, NO! Don't throw away the books :) I think we'll probably end up throwing some of those boxes of stuff away too. Some of them I don't think I've opened since we got married, so we probably don't need them.
Post a Comment