Since Saturday was Hobbit Day, the 75th anniversary for The Hobbit
being published, (and a Happy Birthday to Frodo and Bilbo), and the
Hobbit movie is coming soon, I thought I'd share a bit of my obsession. In case you didn't know, I happen
to be a Lord of the Rings
fan. Just a bit. Ok, I had an obsession for a while. I'm pretty
sedate now, I think. (Just wanted to note that I was a fan of the books
way before the movies came out. They just seemed to fuel my
obsession. Carry on.)
Here I am at perhaps the height of my obsession:
Dressed
as Galadriel (note the pointy ears - that was fun) and with a friend I
convinced to go as Arwen. It was for Halloween, I promise.
The
next year, I went as Eowyn, my favorite, though I look about the same
as last year. Minus the pointy ears (and the smile). Too bad you can't
see all the details of the dress, cause it was pretty awesome.
In my defense, a friend of mine got the Legolas stand up for me. I
would never have been brave enough to get it myself. Which isn't to say
I didn't enjoy it, obviously :)
Um,
some more Halloween fun. It looked pretty good with a candle in it.
So good that someone stole it. I was a bit upset about that.
My family might have noticed my obsession and got me a LOTR cake one year. It was pretty great.
Here I am devouring a Hobbit hole :)
My
mom, who is fabulous as sewing, helped me make this. Personally, I
think it's beautiful, but I may be biased. I designed and cut out all
the elements (borrowing from the designs in the movies and Tolkien's own
work).
And
of course I have a shelf dedicated to Tolkien. I'm seriously lacking
in beautiful editions of his published works, though. I need to get on
that.
And a bit of art on the walls.
In the library, of course.
Just had to share that tidbit. Commence the laughter and poking fun. :)











5 comments:
I would never poke fun at your obsession. ..poke....I liked your Orem High sweatshirt and that quilt is sweeet! Good times!
Leggy!!!
Ah, the Orem sweatshirt. I wore that until I fell apart. Wait, I still wear it.
Lindsay, I knew you missed those Leggy breaks :)
I never would have guessed you love these books so much. I have never read the books, but I did try to read one once and gave up because I could not wrap my head around all the weird names that I cannot pronounce. I loved the movies though and I think I watch them all at least once a year.
leela, well I've sort of grown out of it :) Yeah there are a LOT of strange fantasy names, but I can agree the movies are pretty darn good too.
Post a Comment