I was trying to remember what I did this summer that I haven't been posting about. Then, I realized, I've posted about nothing I did this summer. So, I wondered if I did anything this summer. And I know I did (even went to San Diego and haven't posted about that at all). I guess it's just been hard to look at this summer, since Dallin passed away.
I don't think I can even explain how I feel or imagine how my sister does, which makes Lori's expressions on grief much more meaningful to me.
I did want to post some photos from my trip home in June, for the funeral. My parents were able to fly home from their mission in Hong Kong and it was good to have them there, if only for a short time. I love having a tight family, one that comes together in good times and in hard times. These are actually photos from the Sunday after the funeral. We were able to have a gathering for Father's Day and take some photos together.
I kept trying to convince everyone to do a silly photo. Turns out it was mostly me being silly. Ah, well.







6 comments:
That really is a pathetic silly picture. I guess it just shows that you're younger and more vibrant than everyone else??
That second to last one is super nice! Way better than anything my family can pull together and we only have six. I think the silly one is better, way better, because it's only you, Woo, and the bunny ears. You make me laugh (and laugh and laugh).
I would say that one super tall brother of yours must be adopted but he has your dad's face. . . Your commentary was great again.
Cheltz, sounds good to me. I'll pretend to be more vibrant :)
Kay, I do what I can to entertain. Sure love looking at your photos too!
leela, he is kind of a freak of nature in the family. Not sure where that came from...
I keep thinking about this post...and how that's really what it all comes down to after experiencing the death of a loved one: It's just really "good to be with family."
I keep telling myself I shouldn't need to go to my parents house every weekend. But then I go anyway. =) Love you, friend.
Lori, if I lived near my parents, I'd be there every weekend too. :) Being with family really helps. Love you and your posts!
Post a Comment