On this day, we went on two separate trips in Brno. My parents, in order to actually accomplish something (what?) decided that my dad would take us to the Brno Technical Museum while my mom stayed home to work and then they'd switch. I don't think my dad was too sad about this trip. I got the definite impression he really likes this place.
The museum isn't something I'd call strictly Czech in nature - one can enjoy this kind of stuff in technology museums all over the world I think. But, that doesn't make it any less cool. There were a lot of fun and interesting exhibits:
Old cars (which Vince liked)
Old clocks (which I liked, obviously) - that last one is really quite large
Old dental supplies and equipment (and you thought it was scary now?)
Beauty hurt back then too (seriously? my head hurts just looking at that - those are made of metal!)
Old book binding stuff (surprisingly one of my favorites :)
the Salon of Mechanical Music had all these really awesome music cabinets. I had to get a video of this one playing:
I'm probably admitting to extreme nerd-dom here (too late), but I love old technology:
Doesn't this look like a character from a Pixar movie?
astronomical, what do you expect?
Some seriously cool sewing machines (and old toys too, but no photos of those)
4 comments:
Wow I love all the old stuff. The music box was pretty cool. The Pixar picture is hilarious...I'm thinking from the movie Robots.
The dental equipment looks like the stuff my first dentist used. Everything has come such a long way and you have the pictures to prove it. Oh and that thing you dad likes, I bet it's a time machine.
What is that thing? Is it a maple syrup extractor thingy?
Good guesses! Actually, it was a limb trimmer (or saw, I guess) that worked its way up the trunk and cut limbs off as it went. For some reason, my dad thought it was the coolest ever.
Post a Comment