Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 7: Castle on the Hill

After my parents took the long trip back to Prague to drop TT off, we got to visit one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I don't think I've seen anything quite like this place before. I welcome you to Castle Pernštejn:


Not sure if these are "ruins," but they made me think of King Arthur, for some reason :)


My fetish for doorways continues, this time in stone (and with my dad)


More doorway fun, with my mom


View of the castle from the outer gate (couldn't decide which was better)


Just so cool! Makes me want to live here.


Loved the little bridge connecting buildings.


Walls overgrown with vegetation


Still can't believe this stuff is real - seriously like out of a book


Shot of a window - I guess this helps you aim your bow?


Vince with a tree growing right out of the rock wall!


Amazing.


More amazing.


I really liked it here, can you tell?


It was especially beautiful in the misty afternoon sunshine


Another doorway

I've never been to England (though I'd really love to), but this made me feel like I was there, visiting centuries old places (this castle was established around 1285). Definitely makes America look like a newborn nation! It's funny how the more I think about my trip, the more I realize it was really once-in-a-lifetime and I should have lived it up more! Ah, well. At least I have the memories (and the photos).

2 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Yes you have a bunch of memories and photos and people who read your blog, wish they were there too. :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Looking at my photos makes me wish I was back there again!