Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome to Our Home

Just thought I'd upload some photos of our "new" apartment (we've been living here since September, so I guess that isn't quite so "new" anymore).  Plus, there are a few random pictures I couldn't resist posting :)

Photobucket

Here's the front room - we have south-facing windows, so the sunshine in winter is really great!

Photobucket

The view of our dining room through the little nook where I put some junk (you know, the stuff you collect, even though you really don't have room for it?)

Photobucket

The dining room (with our table which I LOVE).  Who decided carpet is good in a room for eating?

Photobucket

The curtains that I am so proud of (my mom helped me cut them to fit) - they match the bedspread, but you can't really see the colors.  I'm just not much of a decorator, so these were a huge accomplishment for me.

Photobucket


After one of our big snowfalls, we went out on our balcony and it was so pretty!  I know the photo didn't turn out to well, but I had to post it anyway, because our complex was so peaceful (that's unusual)! (Thanks, Pop for the updated photo)

Photobucket

The next morning - so beautiful (even if it is soooo cold :)

Photobucket

I love having a fairly beautiful view from our windows (there is a street beneath the trees, but you can look above that, right?)


Photobucket
And really, this one was too cute to pass up.  Despite the horrible facial expression I wore.  I love it when babies try to eat your face :)

So, we really love the apartment, even when the downstairs neighbor has his bass turned all the way up and the upstairs neighbor is having a dance party (or just stomping around for fun).  The joys of living in a complex :)

2 comments:

leela said...

You apartment looks really nice. I love your dining room set. It is very elegant. I am glad you like living there even though you are sorely missed here. Maybe you can go to the dance party sometime, just crash it.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Leela, thank you. As far as joining the party, I think it's more along the lines of seriously heavy walking. If it were a party, that would be a whole different story...