Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Room With a View

Well, it's not exactly what I'd call a great view, but from our front window, there is a tree that I love to look at.  It is now finally in full leafing glory, but with this cold, slow spring we've had, it's seen a lot of up and down.  Here it is experiencing its first budding in April and then some unexpected snowfall.

Photobucket

This isn't from our window, but when these blossoming cherry trees that line the entrance to our apartment complex were in bloom, I couldn't help but walk under them.

Photobucket

It was almost like living in my parents' home again with all the trees blooming at once.  Despite the crazy spring weather, it was definitely a beautiful time (you know, when there wasn't any snow or rain or freezing temperatures).

Photobucket

View from the front entrance to the complex.  Too bad it's a parking lot and not an orchard...
Photobucket

I'll be doing a bit of posting about my "garden" soon, for those of you who miss all that excitement from last year.  Trust me, it's definitely up there with midnight irrigation schedules :)

2 comments:

kelleen said...

Oh, I must say I don't miss the cold and the snow, but this did make me miss the beautiful snow-topped mountains--such beautiful cherry trees too. Someday I must make myself go to the cherry blossom festival in D.C....

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Kell, I do not miss it either, but apparently it misses me cause it keeps coming back.

I bet the festival in DC is fabulous - I've seen others' photos!