Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate

About a month ago, I had the fabulous privilege of attending my friend Jola's sealing with her two adopted children.  It was so wonderful to see her and her husband's dreams finally come true.  I rode to the Manti temple for the ceremony with my other friend Rachel.  It was so fun to catch up with her on the drive.  Good thing she put up with my not-so-fabulous driving skills :)  And since she's such an awesome photographer, she took some great photos of the event, that I stole shamelessly from her blog.


The three of us, together again :)

Boy, doesn't she make me look shabby :)

Rach and me at the temple

The gorgeous happy family!

Sorry I've been so remiss at posting stuff.  My life has been pretty hectic recently, but not with fun things, just busy stuff - I'm teaching again at school and I'm kept quite busy at home as well.  But, we just returned from a camping trip, so hopefully I'll have something to post about soon!

5 comments:

kelleen said...

how sweet, so happy for Jola!--so wish I could come to the reunion and see all you guys. And BTW, you all look even better than you did in high school, how'd you do that?! :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Kell, I sure wish you were going to the reunion. I'm starting to think no one I want to see will be there :) Not sure I look any better, but thanks for saying it!

leela said...

Great pictures! They look professional. Sealings with children are the best! They just make you so happy and feel so loved by Heavenly Father.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Leela, she is a professional, so that's probably why :) It was an awesome experience for me.

Rachel said...

melissa you thief :) j/k!!! if you want a cd with the photos i can mail you one so you don't have to use the web quality versions of them. it was so fun to spend the day with you! even though i got super sick from the HUGE chocolate milk shake. wayyyyyy too much milkshake for one person!