Sunday, August 22, 2010

The GCT 2010

This year, I finally was able to go camping with the family again, what I've started calling the Great Camping Trip (GCT for short).  Even though it was a short trip with a short hike, it felt refreshing, like coming home, to be out in nature with some of the family.  And since it was only about a month ago, I figured it was time to post those photos.  Oh, and camping with kids is always so entertaining.

 So good, my jacket wanted some!

Photobucket
Two of the kids riding the "motorcycle" - I got great enjoyment out of their motor noises too.  The video below is a small sample of it.


Kids climbing on the "great tree root of doom."  Many hours of entertainment. 
Photobucket


I'd say the pack is a little top heavy!
Photobucket


Not surprising since he had to carry lots of stuff (mind you, Cheltz did have a backpack, just not in this photo).
Photobucket

Pay no attention to the dreadful state of our hair :)
Photobucket

Man vs. Nature
Photobucket

I had to snap a shot of my dad in a t-shirt - it's a rare occasion!
Photobucket


All of the following are nature shots - feel free to skip through if you get bored :)
Photobucket

There were lovely wildflowers - but they are hard to see in the photos :)
Photobucket


Photobucket

The lake during many times of the day/evening (imagine this is a cool as Monet's time lapse painting series)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Ah, just looking at these again makes me want to go on another camping trip!

6 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

That little movie is quite adorable. Looks like you had another great trip.

Kay said...

fantastic monet idea. turned out awesome!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mandy, thanks - wish I could take credit for his cuteness.

Kay, so glad you think so - want to paint them? :)

kelleen said...

Looks like a great time! Will miss seeing you at the reunion--am so bummed I can't go. Say hi to all for me, here's a smile :) for you and hope to come out next summer or at the latest 2012...

Rachel said...

That looks like such a great place! Our boys are ticked because we had such a busy summer that we never got to go camping......I love camping!!!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Kell, I hope we get to see you sometime soon!

Rach, yeah, I get really bummed when I can't go camping, too! Especially I miss that peach cobbler :)