Yesterday was a very special day for us. It's been four years since we tied the knot. Got hitched. Took our vows. Etc, etc. Most of our celebrating was done on Monday, since it was a holiday and we had the day off. What did we do, you ask? Well:
We decided to elevate ourselves.
And climb up a mountain. So we could look down on the valley below. (Does it seem a little ironic that when we climb higher, we always look down?)
Here I am at our destination. That look on my face, along with the "wings" behind me make me think I'm about to fly. Actually, it was more likely I was going to fall. Seriously, either its been ten years since I hiked to the Y or I've never done it. It was HARD. Like, I'm about to pass out and die hard. It was a great reminder to me of how terribly out of shape I am. What a way to celebrate, no?
Another fabulous facial expression. It runs in our family, apparently.
And we had to have a classy photo of our heads at the Y, it wouldn't be a true post without one of these, right?
Well, then we made our way to somewhere a little more sentimental. And a little easier on the legs.
This place is where the hubby proposed to me. And though the rocks where he painfully knelt are no longer there, and there were hundreds of people everywhere, it was still nice to revisit this place and those memories.
Look at that - two head shots! You guys are so fortunate today!
Even though someone was nice enough to take our photo together, I still included the head shot.
We did also manage to celebrate by eating out at a favorite restaurant (and gorging ourselves ridiculously). Then we went for a nice short walk around the park. Definitely a low-key celebration. But, not a celebration of a low-key event. I've been happily married for these past four eights (of September that is) and I hope to be for a long time yet.








5 comments:
Yay Happy Anniversary! It just donned on me what the eight meant-I spent the whole post trying to figure it out (yes I'm slow). So here's to many more eights to come.
Aw, congrats on four happy years! :)
Mandy, thank you! I wasn't too clear on the eights thing. It didn't help I posted on the ninth either.
Becca, thank you!
That is wonderful!! I love bridal veil falls. I had forgotten you were engaged there. I still remember your gorgeous reception across from scera park.
Kay, I'm glad somebody remembers, I think I was too out of it. Was I there?
Post a Comment