Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Togetherness

So, about a month ago now (hey, at least it's not two months...) my family had our reunion.  This year, we rented a lodge near Bear Lake.  Even though we sure missed some families who couldn't make it, we still managed to be entertained at nearly every moment.  These videos I couldn't resist sharing.  One of my favorite moments at the beach.  Let's see if you can figure out what's going on:



Just in case you didn't figure it out, my nephews dug some fairly deep holes and then stuck their legs into the holes.  The sand, however, was quite wet still and managed to create enough suction that it was quite difficult for them to escape.  I just loved watching them struggle. :)

Here's the accompanying photo of the legless one:
Photobucket


We all had fun at the beach, but I love watching the kids:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Just lake
Photobucket


Ripples in the sand were pretty fun.
Photobucket


Almost as much fun as digging in the sand with your feet
Photobucket


Classic shot.  Couldn't help myself.
Photobucket


More of the same.
Photobucket


Captured for posterity - my dad, In. The. Lake.  (For the record, my dad avoids water/lakes/ocean like the plague, so this was a big accomplishment.)
Photobucket


Me, pretending I'll splash him.
Photobucket


Flying kites was a big hit too!
Photobucket


For those of you who have been, you know the lake is this ridiculously gorgeous color of blue-green that seems almost fake.  I wanted to capture it better, but I suppose I will be satisfied with these:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Gotta have at least one giant baby-head photo:
Photobucket

The ladies who weren't too happy being photographed in their beach attire :)
Photobucket

Creating...a giant pile of sand.  I think.  I'm pretty sure no one was buried under there.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


You can't really tell from this photo, but she was simply plastered in sand.  Even on her face.
Photobucket


I had to get up at a wretchedly early hour to make it back home in time to give my final (oh, the tragedy), so these are some sunrise shots.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Next up, our trip to Seattle (but it hasn't been a month yet, so I still have lots of time).

5 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Cute kid pictures and way cool scenery pictures. You're right the lake looks fake. Beautiful!

Kay said...

The blue of the lake is amazing in your shots! Beautiful. I should take more photos.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mandy, it's awesome! Hopefully you guys can get there sometime.

Kay, you should paint more pictures. I like them better that way (although, your Abby is so adorable, any medium works :)

kelleen said...

beautiful pics as always- I never tire of your posts!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Kell, you are so sweet to say it. I'm glad someone doesn't mind them. :)