Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mountain Outside of Utah!

Ok, so I'm about two months behind in posting about our trip to Washington this last August.  But I finally got the photos uploaded.  We spent the first few days there camping near Mount Rainier.  It was fabulous!  And totally gorgeous.  Here are some of the many, many photos.

Photobucket
I thought this was so weird - the riverbed was brilliant orange.  It was pretty crazy!

Photobucket
Our first glimpse of the mountain - so picturesque!

Photobucket
My brother-in-law hiking with his kids - sure makes you feel tiny and insignificant!

Photobucket

Speaking of tiny - look at the size of that tree!

Photobucket

A little hidden waterfall - at the end of a really steep hike (boy was I tired)

Photobucket
It's really a miracle we all made it on this hike - but we all lived

Photobucket
More beautiful mountain goodness

Photobucket

Etc, etc, get used to this - I took a lot of mountain pictures!

Photobucket
Kids being silly :)

Photobucket
There always seemed to be a river and a waterfall!  This place had lots of attractions.

Photobucket
Like this one.



Photobucket
I was there too - proof!

Photobucket
I like how that wall above it looks like it belongs to a crumbling castle!

Photobucket
Nothing like a rustic cabin right by the mountain - makes me think Swiss Alps (not that I've been there).

Photobucket
We went on another hike that had all these gorgeous fields of wildflowers.  So worth it.

Photobucket
Kids and flowers - both so cute!

Photobucket
More colorful flowers - yes, I took too many photos of these too!

Photobucket

But, I really liked them!

Photobucket

Close up - because I can!

Photobucket

More mountain and flower combo

Photobucket
I like the many colors in this one.

Photobucket
We were getting closer to the mountain too - love those trees.

Photobucket
Everybody just hiking along.

I guess I'll post more later.  Hopefully it won't be another two months to see the rest of our trip.  But I assume that's plenty of photos for now!

3 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

You can never have too many pictures of flowers. They're beautiful!

kelleen said...

gorgeous photos!!!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mandy, I'm glad you think so!

Kell, thanks, as always.