Obviously, this post is going to be mostly pictures (not that most of my posts aren't). I don't think I've even got the energy today to post commentary on them. Well, most of them. I think I've got something snarky to say once or twice. Anywho, these are the photos for the second day of our Grand Canyon trip - the one where we actually did a little hike. We didn't go all the way in the canyon, but far enough that it was really hard going back up. Especially when there were small children or elderly individuals going faster than me. I definitely left my pride behind for this hike.
Early on in the hike, which is why I'm still smiling. Sort of.
Another hiker pointed out the witch face in the rock here. Can you find it?
This is what we were hiking towards. We didn't go all the way to it, but close enough to feel like we accomplished something. You will see it often in some of the upcoming photos. It was a very exciting rock formation for me.
I have a serious tree-fetish. You will probably also notice a lot of tree photos ahead.
Even dead ones are exciting.
Really exciting.
Here's a very proud individual. Even looking pretty fresh, considering he decided to bring his laptop on the hike, so it wouldn't fry in the hot car. Trust me, it was a very heavy backpack.
Just in case you missed it, here's the giant rock formation again.
This is what they call the Grand Canyon. It's pretty big in real life.
It's amazing anything can grow here. I certainly wouldn't thrive.
Yeah, I guess he must have been feeling pretty super. This was probably before we started hiking up the hill too.
Guess what? Another dead tree. But a cool one, at that.
Fake smile, trust me. The disheveled appearance speaks more truth about my feelings at that point.
I was certainly wishing that shade extended just a little farther.
These last photos are actually of our return trip to Utah, after finding a place to live in Arizona. We took the scenic route this time, that is for certain. I think the road here would in a giant horseshoe through this extremely desolate area between some gorgeous hills. Despite there not being anything around (except for the gas station that could charge whatever it wanted, which we unfortunately had to fill up at) it was really cool driving through. I've actually never seen such colorful hills than on this lonely out-of-the-way road.
And there you have it. The end of the photos for now. If you made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back and go do something stimulating. Next time I post (which, who knows may even be this month) I'll give you a glimpse of my life here, which is not stimulating.
4 comments:
Love the post. Some of those dead trees are pretty amazing looking.
Mandy, it really is amazing how good a dead tree can look :)
Wow, wonderful pictures! I can't wait to go there someday and see that sunset. I'm glad you guys were able to hike a little and experience the Grand Canyon. What an amazing world we have to live in :) So, congratulations my friend for graduating and moving on to the next stage!! I'm so excited for you. I hope you are enjoying Arizona. I'm excited to see pictures. Well, Moley, sadly I'm swamped with my own life these days so I don't keep in touch very well, but know that I think about you often. You're so wonderful and I miss being around you. I love to read your updates and I'm excited for the next time we get together!
Abby!!! I'm so glad you found the time to comment on my post :) I love reading your updates and I hope I get to meet your baby girl sometime - she's adorable.
Post a Comment