Yes, it's been about a month again. Alas, this is probably a pattern that will not soon change. Here is the glimpse of my life here in AZ thus far. I assure you, there is not much I do (still looking for a job). But I did do this:
I know, I love the look of terror on my face. It was not pretend. I've had long hair for such a long time I didn't know if I'd be ok with it. Still, I did it. Here's the result:
And yes, that is a look of loss. I was (and possibly still am) trying to come to terms with it. It certainly is a lot cooler here though.
And I donated about 12 inches to locks of love, so it made me feel pretty good.
Here're my books looking all comfy and at home. That is the TV that just happens to come with each apartment in our complex. Not too shabby.
You can see nearly the whole place from the front door (ok, exceptions: bedroom and bathroom). Still, it's pretty open.
I do love the kitchen. It's so pretty.
The view of the pool from our porch. It's quite lovely too, though not always with the scantily clad swimmers :)
I'm totally in love with these trees - I love the green trunks.
Another view of our pool. (I should say one of them, because the complex is quite large, and thus has two pools.)
This is not another view from our apartment, obviously. But we did get to visit the lovely Mesa Temple, which is just so cool (inside and out). Even though it's definitely not like at home, only 15 minutes to two temples, I think we're adjusting to the 40 min commute.
So, there you have it. I'm hoping I'll have more important things to chat about sometime soon.
10 comments:
Forgive me! I have to say it (though it's not true.) "Oh Joe! Your one beauty!" Ha! It really is cute. I had mine as short as Jason's last summer and haven't cut it for a year. I'm so tempted to chop it again.
And wow! Nice place. It looks so much newer than apartments out here.
Your hair looks great. I bet it takes a lot less time to wash and brush too and probably a bit surprising too when you expect to have more run through your brush.
Your kitchen looks very similar in size to ours and we have two pools too :) Course we don't have to put up with heat like you do...in fact our pools are heated. My advice-get slurpees whenever you can. (Peter's response)
Kay, it's so true! :) I didn't know you had yours so short, I'll bet it was so cute. Pretty much everything out here in new - still growing!
Mandy, thanks - it does take much less time to wash and brush. I think that one of the pool is heated (in the spring/early summer anyway...after that it's naturally heated :)
Peter, I've got to find me a 7-11 now!
The place you live at looks like a hotel all clean and shiny with fancy pools. Ah the life! Your haircut looks great and that is awesome that you could donate too.
short hair in mesa is definitely a must! it's funny, but you look more like you to me with short hair, I guess because that's how I always remember you for some reason :) Where are you in Mesa? YOur apartments look familiar. Check out the zoo sometime if you get the chance--we loved it, it has lots of shade and even has misters along the trail, so it's cooler than you would expect! bummed we missed being there at the same time.
leela, it is very new, so that's probably why it looks like a hotel.
kell, I'm actually on the west side of the valley, so not in Mesa. I'd love to visit the zoo though and wish you would move back :)
Your place looks awesome! So jealous of that pool! When am I coming out for a girls' weekend now that you and Jola are so close now?
Rach!!! You should come out anytime and we can have a mini-reunion. It would be so fun!
Seriously, we need to do it. A long weekend would be so much fun!
Rach, I'm always here :) Let us know when you'd like to come (well, Jola probably has more stuff to work around, so be sure to ask her :)
Post a Comment