Well, friends, it's time to talk about the weather. I know, you've probably been wondering, how am I surviving my first summer in Arizona. The short answer: pretty well. As some of you know, I actually like being warm and not having a frozen winter. Seaons? I'm ok with year round summer. But, this August, which was the hottest on record for Arizona, certainly tested that. It was hot and I got tired of taking a walk after dark and still being in the 100s. Just now, it is cooling off such that it is beginning to feel like a regular summer in Utah. I like it now.
I've also discovered that sunset in the summer can be really quite gorgeous. Here are just a few of the photos we've taken since moving here:
Hopefully you aren't entirely bored yet, cause these next videos will probably not make it worth your while :)
We were really excited about these crazy thunderstorms we get here during the summer. I'm sure after a few years, we won't record it so often, but it's new to us, so here are two of them. Do try to ignore the obnoxious remarks Vince and I make throughout the videos. And my apologies you can't see very much, but there might be some entertainment to be had.
The best part about this one is an excellent lightning bolt near the end. This was a really wild lightning storm that happened while we were on our way home from shopping. It was a little scary because the it was right over us and the lightning came so often; it was wild!
So, there you have it. Weather here, crazy, hot, but in the winter you will all wish you were here :)
P.S. next time I get around to posting I might tell you about my job. I'm hoping if I put it off for a while, I won't be so grumpy about it :)












7 comments:
Those sunsets are pretty cool. That last video was pretty neat too. Though I'm glad we don't get thunder storms very often here.
Mandy, it's fun when I'm not out in it :)
Your blog always makes me laugh. It's the self-deprecating humor. I love the pictures though. The sunsets are lovely. I LOVE thunderstorms! I wish we had more here. It's fun to watch them though eh? I can't wait to hear about your job.
Seaons? Who needs them! Who knows what they are??
leela, thanks - I'm glad I manage to get some humor on there.
woo, I certainly don't - it's one season year-round for me: hot.
I miss the sunsets--they really are beautiful there!Glad to hear you are adjusting out there-- keep being patient... winters ROCK!
kell, I'm super excited for the winter!! :)
Post a Comment