Thursday, March 28, 2013

Welcome to the World Famous San Diego Zoo!

That was just for Mandy and Peter :)

I know, I know.  It's been so long since I was last talking about our trip to San Diego last June (oh, you know, almost a year later).  But, I am determined to get these photos up if only so I can spend more time on my blog (ha) talking about being pregnant and posting photos of my belly.  Just kidding.  Sort of.

So, we got to visit the San Diego Zoo, which is apparently world famous.  We had a fun bus tour, but most of our photos of animals kind of turned out awful.  Still, I will put them up just in case you actually care.

Buzzards or vultures or some other bird of prey.  I always think of the ones on Jungle Book when I see them.  And my family, who are not actually vultures, but tend to think very highly of buzzards.

I took this photo of a gorgeous flowering tree, mostly because I wanted to find one here in Arizona to plant in my yard.  Can you spot the hidden animal?*

I think this is a black bear, but honestly, it's been so long I don't even remember.  He's cute though :)

Definitely looks like a bear to me.  A cuddly baby one (with claws and teeth).

At least these are recognizable as giraffes.  And aren't they just the strangest shaped animal?  Cute, but so weird :)

More giraffe cute-weird

There is some kind of primate hanging out in that tree, but I mostly included the photo, cause the tree was super cool.  I couldn't tell you what kind of monkey or orangutan or whatever it is.
I thought this was a fun photo of flamingos.  Which are only cool because they are so darn pink!

This orangutan (I think) was seriously just hanging out right up next to the glass.  It was kind of fun to interact with him when he deigned to notice you.

Elephants are my favorite.  They are just so big!  Crappy shot of them, though.

More elephant stuff.

This one was not behind bars!  It was a close encounter.

Another one on the loose.  Seriously, it was a bit scary. 

And now, we'll see if I can finish up the last two or three posts about San Diego before June arrives (and my baby).

4 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Hahaha love it. But yeah you are way behind in your posting...I want to see a baby bump and the nursery decor you chose and all that jazz.

Cheltz said...

I'm always surprised at how pink flamingos are whenever I see them in person too. Florescent even! One post a month until baby. You can do it!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mandy, me too! Why do I feel so obligated to post all this? :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I hope I can do at least one a month, Cheltz. Maybe, dare I say, two a month?