Monday, April 1, 2013

Anaheim and My First Librarian Conference

So, the real reason for the trip to San Diego that I have been documenting so well (ha!) was to attend my very first librarian conference.  Whenever I tell people about those, they get this look in their eyes that says, "BORING!"  Well, I sure had fun.  Mind you, I didn't get to attend the full conference (the company wouldn't pay my way, and it was a bit steep for our budget), so I only got entrance to the exhibit floors.  Which was loads of fun.  If you are interested in what I did while at the actual conference, I've blogged about it at my book review site

What I'm capturing here is what Vince got to experience while I was playing with books.  We didn't even manage to find time/$$ to visit Disneyland (blasphemy, I know), but he sure enjoyed the Lego store and other Disney town stuff.


He took photos of the LOTR stuff just for me.  Not that I'm obsessed or anything.

Just a bit of lego LOTR fun :)

This was a pretty cool exhibit, so cool I got my photo in front of it later (oh don't worry, you will get to see that photo too, because this wouldn't be a post by me if it didn't have inordinately stupid photos to go with it).

Pretty amazing what they can do with a lot of legos and a LOT of spare time.

More of the same.

I had to include this photo because it is one that Vince took.  Pretty much, he knows me.  And I didn't even see this until I finally downloaded all the California trip pictures.  Awesome surprise.

See?  I never disappoint.

And now I only have two more California recap posts left.  Maybe I'll blog about pregnancy before it's actually over!

3 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Yes you better blog about pregnancy too!

Cheltz said...

Wow. Part of me wants to build something that big out of Legos. Part of me wonders if it does get dreadfully dull eventually.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Mandy, I'm planning on it :)

Cheltz, it would be pretty fun wouldn't it? At least, at first.