Monday, April 8, 2013

The Land-Locked Among Us See the Ocean!

Guys!  It's finally the last round of photos from our trip to San Diego/Anaheim last summer!  I know, you are probably just as thrilled as I am.  Apparently, I used all my abilities to create something humorous or exciting previously, so mostly you just get to gaze at the last photos we took there.  We got to visit the ocean, see some sea life, and get a lovely view of the surrounding area from the top of a hill (and I'm even too lazy to try and figure out what hill it was).

Super gorgeous ocean.  

Breaking waves.  I know, so exciting.

Proof were were both there...together!

There were little sea lions? seals (thank you, Mandy) hanging out on this rock a little ways off from the shore.  Very cool.

More ocean view.  

Ocean with Vince's giant noggin' in front.

That's a pretty good fake smile, if I do say so myself.  I did enjoy myself, promise.

The little unknown sea creatures seals were swimming right up there with people near the beach.  

Here's a view of the city from the top of the hill, which we will call Hill Mt. Soledad (this is why I should blog closer to when I actually experience these events - thanks again, Mandy).

More of the same, but in a different direction (I know, you guys love my blog, right?)

Had to include the photo, despite the awesome thumb view involved.  What can I say, I take good pictures.

And that is the ocean in the background.  Just in case you didn't know it.

And thus ends the most long, drawn-out vacation blog post series in the history of this blog.  May it never be repeated.  On to blogging about being pregnant!  Or Christmas!  Or my garden!  Or maybe nothing, depending on how motivated I am :)

6 comments:

Cheltz said...

I actually wasn't sure that was the ocean in the background at first :).

Peter and Mandy said...

The little creatures were seals. The area with the people swimming is the children's pool which is usually covered with seals. We were shocked to see all the seals in the water and not up on the land like they usually are. And the mystery hill is Mt. Soledad which is a veterans memorial site with a beautiful view.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Cheltz, well I guess that comment was for you :)

Mandy, thanks very much for reminding me of our trip, I honestly have no brain for that. Not that being pregnant is what is preventing me from remembering, just regular lack of memory.

Kay said...

Cool trip! You're posts are fun to read. I'm a bit blinded (dazzled) by the bright colors. Wow. I've been up here too long.

leela said...

I love your blog

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Kay, hopefully your spring will arrive with many lovely green colors!

Leela, you are so nice :)