So, friends, I know you've all been dying to know about me and pregnancy (oh, you haven't? Well, you can skip this one, then). Anyway, there are a million and one things I could blog about this and they've all been done before, quite frankly. I'm not a huge fan of documenting the minutia of everything pregnancy. However, I decided this topic was too fun to pass up. My apologies if you don't find it quite as fun.
Sometimes, I forget I'm pregnant.
No, seriously.
| Shocked at my laughably tiny belly |
I know it seems impossible and kind of ridiculous and even awful, but it happens occasionally to me. Admittedly, it used to happen more frequently when I wasn't really showing yet and when I couldn't feel her moving. But even now, when pretty much everyone automatically assumes I'm pregnant and she's kicking me what seems like all day, every day, I can forget.
| Hello bigger belly |
Here are ways I've recently been surprised by the belly (ie, forgot for a bit I was pregnant):
-Bending down to pick something up off the floor. Seriously, when did it get so hard to reach the floor?
-Trying to wash my feet in shower (sorry for the visual). I'm kind of hoping they just get a nice wash from standing in the soap suds.
-Trying to squeeze behind spaces I used to be able to maneuver easily. That chair is a LOT closer to the wall than it seemed.
| More accurate to how I feel |
-Turning sideways to allow someone to pass me in the hall: doesn't quite have the same space-saving effect that it used to. I've bumped a number of people with my belly, which is often quite awkward for both of us.
| My tiny foot nubbins |
I'm already imagining what the next 2.5 months of belly surprises will bring me. Where did my feet go? What a convenient little table this bump makes! That food stain would have formerly been on my pants and is now right smack on the front of my belly!
Good times, my friends, good times.
9 comments:
Having never been pregnant myself, I don't really have anything to comment about this. But I am really excited for you.
Yay I love the pictures! I saw the first one and was like "you've got to be kidding me" then I saw the others and now I understand. I loved the table the bump became, but it can be difficult to eat if she's kicking during that time. I think my favorite was trying to get up from the doctor's bed thingy and realizing I really needed help or I could roll onto the floor.
So excited for you, can't wait to see LOTS of pictures of this little girl-cause I know you're going to post like everyday right? :)
Love it! So excited and happy for you. You make one seriously cute pregnant gal!
Cute pics! I believe you're in what they call the golden stage of pregnancy? But, I can see forgetting about it the majority of the time.
Never seen a more beautiful pregnant profile :) so happy for you, friend!!!
Thanks, Linda. And it's just as much fun to watch pregnant ladies being surprised by their bellies :)
Mandy, I had to laugh at the kicking table :) I'm sure I'll take enormous amounts of photos, but whether I'll ever get around to posting them is another thing...
Thanks, kell!
Cheltz, this is the golden stage? Oh boy.
Thank you, Lori, you are always so sweet.
The belly is fun. The shelf on the belly is the best for holding drinks and bowls of snacks while watching a movie or tv. Not being able to sit up after lying down and having to roll out of bed or off the couch are fun too.
You have a BABY in your belly!!
Leela, yeah I already have a hard time getting up, but I like the shelf!
Lindsay, it's true!! :)
Post a Comment