Friday, June 5, 2009

For the Beauty of the Earth

I love to visit beautiful natural landscapes. Last year it was Zion. Last weekend, it was Arches National Park, a favorite destination for me, but Vince had never been. Here are the photo highlights:


Vince looking tiny in comparison to Delicate Arch

(Delicate arch is my favorite - though I was nearly tossed off the cliff behind it once by my so-called "friends." I'll have to dig up some old photos...post of that fun coming soon!)


Me, also looking tiny


Skyline Arch


Random cave-like sitting spot


Landscape Arch - also a favorite


Vince and Landscape Arch


Storm clouds over Devil's Garden entrance - how appropriate


Turret Arch (doesn't it look like a goblin house?)


Flattering shot of us in front of the South Window


Double Arch - man, nature does awesome things!


Goblin-y clouds


Do we have to climb down now?


Storms brewed in the afternoon - kept it from getting excruciatingly hot


Vince on top of the world, apparently


What a place!


Wanted to rename it "Christmas Tree Arch" - seriously, hang an ornament or something



I wonder why it is growing into the wall...


Obligatory shot of husband in same place


Peaking out from Partition Arch (seriously underestimated cool place!)


Matching cliff photos - I cower, Vince holds it up - how appropriate


This looked cooler in person


First time ever seeing Double O Arch - totally worth the hike!

Everyone should get to this place! I think it is one of the awesomest places on the planet - God sure had some great ideas when He created this world!

6 comments:

kelleen said...

It looks so beautiful there! Can you believe I lived in Utah and never went to Arches?(of course I lived in AZ all that time and never saw the Grand Canyon either...I'm pretty lame!) What a great hike-glad you were able to have such a fun time with Vince :)

Lindsay said...

Oh! You're making me miss my West!

Rachel said...

Did you make Vince run by without his shirt on so you could whistle him down? You know...to keep with tradition :) Looks like a fun trip! Nice and warm.

Rachel said...

Not that we did such childish things....EVER. I swear Vince. We just heard about a group of girls who did....it wasn't US :)

leela said...

That hike looks so fun! Was it super hot? I went there once and it was in the 90's and I fainted.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Oh, Rach, that brought back the memories.

Leela, it was pretty hot, but not as much as it sometimes is!