Ever have one of those awesome slapstick humor moments? You know, a winner of America's Funniest Home Videos (aka America's most painful or embarrassing moments) if only you'd had your camera out?
I had one not long ago. While walking outside our backdoor one day, I noticed something a little different. Something seemed not quite right. I was staring at a place where there used to be a tree. It was there one day and gone the next. My father planned to have it removed and I knew about the impending incident, but I was still rather stunned. Unfortunately, I was ogling the location of the invisible tree and still moving forward.
See this big white pole?
I didn't.
Yeah, that little pole there made contact with my head. Head on, so to speak. Didn't even see it coming. That wasn't what made it so ignominious. My husband was there to witness the moment. A little Three Stooges humor seen first hand. At least the neighbors didn't see it. Well, I don't think the neighbors saw it. But that didn't lessen my total sense of idiocy and embarrassment. A seriously classic moment.Too bad we didn't get it on tape or we could be millionaires.

5 comments:
Hahahahaha thank goodness I'm not the only one who does this! I tell you walls have a tendency to jump out and run into me :)
Ouch! So then, what happened to the mysterious tree? PS, I saw you tilling your garden, but I missed the head bopping incident.
Mandy, that makes me feel much better.
Leela, my dad had someone take the tree out (cut it down). I'm really glad you didn't see my incident.
so funny! I didn't see the pole either. What does that mean?
Heh. It reminds me of the pole outside Mrs. Clarks art room that made a loud "ding" when ever we kicked it. Ironic, you weren't pretending this time.
Post a Comment