Garden 2009
The first fruits of our labors:
The latest efforts in our war on the birds:
Which, apparently, are working:

(I assure you, it tasted as good as it looks :)
Don't worry, we've had the usual garden set-backs and irrigation fun as last year (nothing wakes you up at 3 am better than slogging through ice-cold canal water). Unfortunately(?), we will not be having the apricot fest we did last year, because of the totally awesome spring snow storms. I believe I have counted five total apricots. But, we do have plenty of peaches and apples to make up for it.
Any of you have some awesome gardening stories to tell (even if they are just window planter gardens)?




5 comments:
Oooh, that strawberry looks so good. Your garden is coming along, that is great! What will you do when you move to your stellar apt and have no garden? Maybe your parents will let you use theirs. Hey, if your tomatoes don't turn out, I know someone with 100 tomato plants and I am sure I could score you a load of tomatoes.
Let me know anytime you have extra fruits/vegetables that need picking.
Leela, I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't mind (then again, I might not want to plant next year, depending on how much work it is :)
Linda, you bet I will!
Wait, what? You're teaching a college course? Did you mention that before or have I been asleep this whole time.
Your garden looks lovely, you horticultural goddess, you!
Julie, not sure if I've mentioned it before, so your sleeping will slide by...this time! Any tips, you veteran you?
Post a Comment