I signed up to be part of a librarian listserv and have just now discovered something vitally important about these other librarians. In the signature of each email, there are almost always 3 things:
1. the person's job title/library
2. a list of all the books they've published
3. a quote about librarians (see this post for a sample)
Now, I have not yet gotten up the guts to comment or post a question to the list, but I am definitely not thrilled to put something up without anything in #2's category. (Note: the following comments are not intended to be derrogatory to people who have published stuff and put it in the signature of their emails...I am quite jealous of them in fact...). So, I was considering putting in something like this:
-Coolest Book Ever, not-likely-publishers, 2090
-Sequel to Coolest Book, even-less-likely-publishers, 2095
Do you think that would be too obvious? Those are publication dates, BTW, not necessarily the number of copies ever printed (probably would be much too high an estimate :)
Any further suggestions? I am trying to make this set of books into a cycle or at least a trilogy, but the third title is kind of tricky I think. Perhaps I should consider doing a prequel?
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Lacking
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
2:49 PM
Labels: librarian-ness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perhaps you could call it "third book I will die half way through and leave you ALL wondering..."? I think that is a good idea. And those books usually sell well, even if they are half a book. As for email signatures....I like the ones that have your name, followed by a return with "Insert your own spiffy important sounding title here". Unfortunately...I can't use such, so mine is boring and just says were I work and my email...like this:
Allison R. Hollingsworth Deming, M.A.
Graduate Research Assistant
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience &
Department of Psychology
allison.r.hollingsworth@ttu.edu
You know what that all REALLY MEANS?
1) Paid lower than the poverty level.
2) Lots of student loans.
3) Problems with committment to a real job.
Grad students are not bad people, they have just made sucky life choices. :) So yeah, I think these things can tell a lot about you - I think you should go with my suggestion...but then again, I am not sure I have credentials to be giving advice on such issues. :)
Allison
Allison,
huh, I think your signature line looks very professional and cool. Though, I agree that the things it means are true - I have lots of student loans and I only got my masters!
I am hoping to finish the third book before croaking, but I guess you never can tell!
Post a Comment