So, look at me, posting in my all new bloggy site. If you have a desire to see my first attempts at blogging, check the old ramblings out. But, since I am now moving on to bigger and better things (or at least easier) I will begin the maiden voyage of this blog with a most fantastic quote about librarians: "People become librarians because they know too much. Their knowledge extends beyond mere categories. They cannot be confined to disciplines. Librarians are all-knowing and all-seeing. They bring order to chaos. They bring wisdom and culture to the masses. They preserve every aspect of human knowledge. Librarians rule. And they will kick the crap out of anyone who says otherwise." --libraryavangers.org [sic]
I took this quote DIRECTLY from another librarian's email. Mind you, I am not one to endorse the site they took this quote from, (though you will find that it is spelled incorrectly above and also is not the right address anyway...) but I find some of the random things from there rather humorous.
Take for instance, the fact that I became a librarian because I know too much!!! (Actually, sounds a bit like a government secret AND a conspiracy to me...).
In addition to this rather surprising news (at least I was surprised) I am also all-knowing and all-seeing. Man, this job is sounding harder and harder by the minute! (And most people think being a librarian is the most boring job in the world, really!)
I would like the person who wrote this to view my bedroom (well, probably not literally) and then say I bring order to chaos. Or at least for someone to tell that to my mother (I really do know where everything is, even if that is only because everything is on the floor).
But, I find the best part being the "Librarians rule. And they will kick the crap out of anyone who says otherwise." Come on, let's face it, those muscles I am getting from hefting huge books around the library, they might come in handy for the day when someone says "Computer geeks rule! Librarians drool!" I am just hoping those computer geeks don't haul their computers around with them everywhere...
5 comments:
Blast, I had just gotten the other site bookmarked...
Yay for blogger and the ability to leave comments!
Ah! fun new blog! love the post!
That quote sounds like librarians are just one step lower than deity. Beware of pride!
Point well taken, matka. I mostly just thought the quote was humorous, not necessarily true!
Post a Comment