Friday, December 12, 2008

In Response

That last post, I'm a little ashamed of it. Mostly the picture of my big toe. But anyway, I decided to write what happened after all that less-than-awesome stuff. Sometimes, things do get better (I sure hope so for you, Rach!)

There I was sitting at my desk, slumping in a stupor of sickness, and out of the blue an envelope appears (ok, it was left there by a student). What was in that envelope, you ask?
A million dollars?
A giant box of tissues?

A bottle of medicine?


No.

It was simply two pages of handwritten notes, expressing the students' appreciation for me. Wishing me a Merry Christmas. And generally being nice.

Really.

It made my day. In fact, thinking about it now, it is making it again.

But, as if that were not enough, today, another mysterious envelope appeared on my desk. It also included a card with sweet notes of thank you and a yummy treat from some of the instructors. Sigh. I feel like a pampered librarian (perhaps I should start a line of products based on that...I could be a millionaire - DON'T RIP OFF MY IDEA!)

And, to top it all off, (seriously?) my strep test was negative. Yipee!

Spread the good cheer! (not the illness)

[addendum: looking for the perfect gift? Click here for suggestions.]

2 comments:

Rachel said...

pampered librarian. . .LOVE IT. you could do "in home shows" and sell things like. . .hmmm. . .what do librarians use? but VERY cool business idea :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I was thinking of an all-in-one cataloger/labeler. That has to be the dullest and least exciting part of being a librarian (didn't that just sound oxymoronic :)