Monday, December 1, 2008

Is there life after Thanksgiving?

I'm still trying to recover from all that relaxation. And cooking. [Anyone else feel like they need time off to recover from a break?] In the meantime, here are some brief thoughts on our holiday adventures:

I loved [just about] every second of my time away from work.

I enjoyed [almost] all the time with my family.

I ate [practically] everything on my plate.

I wasn't [nearly] as grateful as I could have been. And should be.

Things I'm [trying to be] grateful for [adapted from some email floating around]:

  • A huge stack of dirty dishes in the sink, because it means I had family over.
  • Stickiness on my cheeks, because it's where a niece or nephew kissed me.
  • Toys I trip over, because it means there are children in the house.
  • An expensive heating bill, because it means we were warm enough.
  • Drooping eyelids, because it means I stayed up too late playing games with family.
As I try to recover from post-Thanksgiving-pie hangover, I am looking for more [unexpected] things to be thankful for.

Any suggestions?

[photos pending] [maybe]

0 comments: