Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Southridgian Complex Summer

A southridgian summer consists mainly of:

  • heat
  • no school (for us lazy bums, anyway)
  • swamp coolers of ineffectiveness
  • rain dripping pouring through holes in the roof

  • Wicked rides on motorcycles (ooh, I'm such a rebel!)

  • Cooking incidents and cantaloupe guts with our summer roommie, KayHead

  • Orange (and blue) jumpsuits ("what's living if you never..." hm...scratch that ;)
  • The Summer Olympic Games:
    • Chase Me Down I'm Beautiful (a vicious sport involving racing down the hallway screaming while being chased by your male of choice)
    • Disgusting But True (which really has no official rules)
Well, I think that's about all the strolling down memory lane I can handle for now.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Please give me your address and we'll send you a Christmas card!

Linda said...

Hey, I remember that "what's living" quote, but where did it come from?

Linda said...

Never, mind, I think it's from "Even Stevens"

Lindsay said...

Oh the jumpsuits! And Even Stevens! Good times, good times. Except, that hole in the roof? Not so good times.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yes, Linda, it is from Even Stevens. Man, I really wish we had cable sometimes, if only to enjoy that show again...

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Who made a comment that had to be deleted? Aren't all your readers nice people?

Also, unfortunately, Even Stevens is no longer on tv--not even in reruns. However, I do have many episodes on VHS (yes, those do still exist), which I could bring over to watch with you some time.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

All my readers are nice, they just gave me their email address and I figured it wasn't awesome to leave it up for everyone :)

And I would LOVE to watch Even Stevens with you sometime!!!!!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

I am still waiting for a tale before I moved out!