Friday, May 9, 2008

And the floods came up...

Oy.

Don't be alarmed, no serious flooding occurred. It was all planned (well, it was supposed to be anyway...)

I wish I had taken a picture (sort of).

We had our very first irrigation turn of the season. (Mind you, this was the third week we were scheduled to get it, but we won't go into that!)

We thought we were very well prepared, with our nice (if not straight) furrows and rows. Looks can be deceiving.

Let me summarize the highlights of the evening's "water turn":

  • FAST-flowing water
  • More than two hours before schedule
  • Flooding in the back garden (we thought we might start our own marshland)
  • Flooding in the front garden (don't think the "crops" liked the drowning sensations)
  • Flooding in the neighbor's yard (things may have gotten a little out of hand at this point)
  • Flooding in the patio (we just wanted to do a little puddle hopping, that's all!)
I think you get the picture. We were slightly less organized and prepared as my dad (HUGE understatement) but at least nobody got seriously injured (I think).

0 comments: