Last Saturday I had the bittersweet experience of seeing my best friend from kindergarten get married. It made me feel all nostalgic and wistful for my childhood. So, here is my brief stint down that road we call the past.
- Playing barbies at her house (and being jealous of how many more she had!)
- Walking to the store and buying treats with my allowance
- Riding between our houses on the back of her pink banana seat bike (jealousy again :)
- Eating her family's stash of frozen twinkies
- She ate my family's stash of frozen peaches (guess who got the cavities?)
- Being introduced to the world of Nintendo (we only had Atari)
- Watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and picking which brother we married (she always got Benjamen and I was always jealous of THAT too!)
- Watching Newsies and memorizing lyrics (and dancing) while drooling over Jack, David, and Spot
- Watching The Ten Commandments while she curled my hair into ringlets (that sounds weird now...)
- Making up crazy games like licking ramen noodle seasoning packets for "energy"
- Playing Little Mermaid at the local swimming pool
- Eating Swedish pancakes at her house the morning after a sleepover
- Going to her house for lunch and getting my first taste of mac and cheese from a box
- Playing T-ball and soccer together (go Aminals!!)
- Experiencing for myself having 5 older brothers who like to tease (boy, did I appreciate my own family sometimes...)
...and the list could go on and on and on, but I will spare you :)
I am so happy she finally found her true "best friend forever"
I am so happy she finally found her true "best friend forever"


2 comments:
Don't you love those BFFs? Sounds like you had a great one!
Some of those things sound pretty familiar..if you tweaked a few things. I love it! Barbies, sleep overs, and girl talk. what more could you want from a friend? I ask you!
Post a Comment