Friday, July 25, 2008

If the Suspense is Killing You...

And I know it is...

I will now reveal to you the secret of my paper bag mystery (ooh, that sounds like a cheesy title for a Nancy Drew book...)

Oh, yeah, the secret:

Cheltz, you were right (the first time)! (Actually, Pop guessed right first, though he did so by email).

APRICOTS

And for all you curious (and kind-hearted) friends, they were actually NOT going to be given away...though I really wish I had given some away. I was putting them there to help ripen some of the green ones we picked (note to self: don't ask the color-blind husband to pick fruit, particularly because it is very difficult to discern between green, yellow, orange, and red...)

Boy, I sure wish it was donuts though. Sounds good to me too. Stay tuned for a post showing what we did with that bountiful (and still going strong) harvest.

*Oh, and just to make me feel less like a rotten neighbor, we had about 10 people come and pick their own fruit, and about 10 more decline taking any, since they had some from other sources, so I am not really a stingy bum :) *

4 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

So what are you doing with the apricots after they ripen? Make jam?

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Since my husband doesn't like apricot jam, that really limited my options. But, the apricot leather is very good.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should've trusted my instincts. Or asked Steven, he probably would've known...

Anonymous said...

yep, he knew, and was pretty pleased with himself.