![]()
In honor of the 39-year anniversary of a very important event in our history, I will reveal a little-known fact about myself:
I was an astronomy undergrad.
I am sure you are all shocked :) I wasn't always a librarian geek - I was a science geek too!
I've been thinking about this somewhat neglected passion for a while now and decided to celebrate this important occasion with my own top ten list:
Top Ten Reasons to Become an Astronomer
10 - Your high school counselor told you an English degree would earn you nothing - go with science.
9 - You enjoy explaining to people the difference between astronomy and astrology, and cosmology and cosmetology.
8 - You get thrilled by long math equations.
7 - You have really great night vision.
6 - You love acronyms (STSci, Quasar, NASA, ESA, VLA, CME, CCD, AU, ISS, HST, JPL, LMC, SMC, ISAS, NGC, SETI)
5 - You always wanted to tell your friends you were a rocket scientist.
4 - You like expensive toys.
3 - You lack social skills - you can hide in a little box at night by yourself.
2 - You have insomnia.
the number 1 reason?







1 - The view from your office is, well, out of this world (pun intended).
This is where I was going to wax poetical and philosophical about how astronomy is so cool. But, I will spare you. Enjoy the photos instead. (I LOVE Hubble!)
Oh, just for you Even Stevens fans, "We went to the moon, in 1969. That's when we had a landing that was lunar!"
2 comments:
okay, my stomach just flip-flopped! I want to be an astronomer too! Caleb and his friend are so cute. Caleb wants to be an astronomer and Mason wants to be the astronaut. They talk about it all the time! I think I might have influenced his decision.
I feel the same way Amyhead. I am so happy you influenced him!
Post a Comment