This year, my husband and I joined a summer reading program. I am sure you will all be shocked to learn that it is the very first time I have been in one! I know I am. Particularly since I have already been rewarded for my participation. I have no idea why I didn't get involved in these programs sooner. Not that I really need incentive for reading, but heck, since I am going to do it anyway, I may as well get some awesome perks from it, right? Here I am, enjoying my new T-shirt and gift card!
I love free stuff!
I encourage y'all to read and join summer reading programs! (Fancy that, a librarian promoting such things :)
2 comments:
We signed up last month here in Brooklyn. The sad thing is, though, that they don't offer any incentives. Which kind of seems to defeat the purpose of a summer reading program. (Okay, okay...I guess READING is the real purpose, but like you say: it's nice to get free stuff for doing something you do anyway.)
Seriously? No free stuff? I would think being such a big library in such a cool state...
Post a Comment