Thursday, July 3, 2008

Honey Do

For the summer, while my husband isn't in school, I wrote an enormous "honey do" list for him. Here are just a few of the things he has done so far:

  • did the dishes (by himself!)
  • thinned apples/peaches off the trees in the heat of the day
  • whacked weeds in the heat of the day
  • plowed the garden in the heat of the day
  • went to a book signing for a teen author I like (who writes books mainly for young teen girls, so I assure you, this was not a comfortable task) because I was at work
  • cleaned up the horrifying mess left in the sink after a family event *cringe*
  • plunged the toilet that was acting up when some young kids used it despite numerous warnings **double cringe**
  • removed the aforementioned toilet from the bathroom, hauled it downstairs and outside to see if there was anything unusual inserted by the aforementioned mischievous kids (there was)
  • replaced the starter in the car, saving us lots of money :)
  • got up at 4 am to make sure our elderly neighbors were getting their irrigation turn, and then taking care of our hour-long turn
  • fixed about 20 sprinkler heads when they stopped working (see entry on entropy)
  • called people I was too shy to call
  • fixed the tiller engine (by himself) when it started smoking (at least it wasn't chain-smoking :)
  • etc, etc...
Thanks, dear, for doing so many things and not complaining about them. I hope your example rubs off on me!


heh heh...

0 comments: