To kick off this delightful celebration of reading, I thought I would choose some books that I KNOW everyone has heard of and many have read.
That's right, friends, our pal Harry. I am sure that you all know why these books might be challenged. For the magical content.
So, if you have ever picked up one of this wildly popular series, you are enjoying your freedom to read.
And, as Hermione so aptly states in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
"If she could have done one thing to make absolutely sure that every single person in this school will read your interview, it was banning it!"
..







4 comments:
I think I wrote a paper in high school about Harry Potter books being banned in some parts of the country. And in my assessment, if you're going to ban books just because they're about magic, you're going to have to ban A LOT of books (and movies and other media, etc.)
You wrote a paper about it? That is so cool! And yes, if you want to eliminate anything "bad" in books, there are going to be so many!
Jordan and Josh LOVE these books. So I can't tell from your post. . do you like them or are you an anti-potter person?
Rach, I am simply appalled you would think I don't like Harry Potter :) JK. I posted that title, because these books are often banned/challenged. They are fantastic!
Post a Comment