I now present to you some items illustrating the weirdness factor:
[Why did we dress up?]
Weirdness factor - a random, unscientific method of determining the strangeness or oddity of an event or statement. Feel free to raise your hand if you are sensing any weirdness.
I also thought this would be a highly useful (if random) place to insert several home-made expletives that originated (or were perpetuated) about this time:
- "You! With the hair!"
- "For the love!" often also used with one of these additions: "of humanity" or "of cotton"
- "You chainsmoker!" (see here for explanation)
- "Oh mince!" or "Mince alors!" [may or may not be pronounced with the correct French accent]
- Varying forms of the word "fruitcake" and possible other food items, notably "cheese stick"
Old Ironsides
Abort! Abort!
Feel free to ask Peter about those.



4 comments:
Melissa, the Southridge posts are my favorites. We should get together some time and compile an official Southridge #19 photo album because I don't think I have a copy of the third picture.
It looks like you just got home from church or a dance...but why are you upside down?...You gave us a few ideas for upcoming posts, I'm looking for pictures to match.
Sheesh, I haven't stopped by your blog in a while and you've put up some funny stuff! Wish we had hung out more in college. . .my roommates were psycho tree huggers and we didn't have nearly the amount of fun you guys did. They spent their time doing door to door recycling collections, and then sorted them on our living room floor and put them into gigantic trash cans that were permenant fixures behind our couches. Ahhh. . the days when tuna cans and milk cartons were tapped to the wall to indicate the type of recyclable item they were. . .
Mandy, I think we were dressing up in our former formals for no real reason. I believe I was trying to hide from the camera. A lot of good that did me.
Rach, I remember, the few times I was at your apartment, the tuna cans and other things stuck on the walls. Interesting.
Post a Comment