I spent this afternoon outside with my face turned to the sun, soaking up as much of it as possible. The balmy and glorious 40-degree-weather we had today, and hopefully tomorrow and the next day, has only increased my desire for spring and warm weather. I was exceptionally happy to spy these on the trees:
One of the greatest things about winter is the promise that spring will come again.
But, since it is probably still several weeks away, I have composed this list to console myself:
things I like about winter
- snow (unless I have to drive in it)
- Christmas (too bad that's already past)
- vacation (see previous item)
- heat vents (only when they're blowing hot air)
- hot soup
- hot chocolate
- the spiders are all dead (or hiding...)
- footy pajamas (for grown ups :)

5 comments:
Sometimes you just need a good excuse to stay inside. Winter does that for me.
I like the lack of spiders too. The slightly warmer weather has brought a few around to our house in the last couple days. Bother =) But it's worth it!
It's nice that you're trying to say positive things about winter--but, really, the deliciousness of hot chocolate and homemade soup does not make up for the nasty coldness.
I like that it doesn't last that long here :) And I can go visit the snow should I want to and then come back to the warmth. I also like how here I can still plant stuff that flowers and looks beautiful during the cold months. I also enjoy bundling up every once in awhile in heavy duty jackets.
Thanks for the input guys! Oh, and Mandy, dang it I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment