Friday, March 6, 2009

The Letter


Dear Spring,

I'm afraid it's over between us.

I know we haven't been together long, but I simply cannot take it anymore.

Things were going pretty well for a while and things were beginning to heat up. I was just coming out of hibernation after my disastrous fling with winter. I managed to overlook your occasional coolness towards me and even your fits of temper(ature).

But, today, you threw [frozen] water on all of this. I've had enough of your back and forth. We're through. Even if this was just a one-time thing, an isolated event, I can't take that chance. I feel like I can't depend on you anymore.

I'll admit that it's not just you. I have little patience for your coldness. And, if you must know, my heart has always belonged to summer.

I hope that we can still be friends. Just remember, I am not going to be duped by any more of your warm advances.

Hoping to see you soon,

me

6 comments:

Becca said...

This is SO funny! I feel exactly the same way. :)

Peter and Mandy said...

You should move to San Diego :)

Anonymous said...

clever

Unknown said...

hah, I went out with the spring too and it didn't work out either. My heart belongs to the fall.

kelleen said...

My turn with Spring began with 8 in. of snow in 12 hours (8 times what we got from winter) though I have to say, I am being heavily persuaded to forgiveness by the beautiful crocuses and the buds appearing on the trees (I hear I stand no chance against the cherry blossoms...I suppose I am doomed to love Spring)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Thanks, all!

Amy, I suppose fall is acceptable, until it gets cold :)

Kell, someone has to love Spring (though, with 8 inches, I think I would be even more upset!)