Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Which I Wish for Popcorn

I looked out the window and what did I see?



Snow was covering my apricot tree!

Spring has brought me such a mean surprise



Blossoms freezing right before my eyes.



I could take an armful to throw at Vince

A cold snowball, that would make him wince ;)

I wish it weren't so,

But it seems to be



Snow is covering my apricot tree.

7 comments:

leela said...

Wow, you got way more snow in your backyard than I did. How can that be? I hope it doesn't hurt your trees ability to produce mass quantities of fruit this year.

kelleen said...

I can't believe how much snow you Utahns have had this year! That is such a bummer to have snow all over the already budding trees. Does that hurt them at all? We'll send warm wishes your way ;)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Leela, seriously? We had like 4 inches! Maybe we are in some weird snow vortex.

The cold weather is most likely affecting our fruit production. I don't know how many apricots we are gonna get this year. The other trees might survive, since they haven't blossomed yet.

Rachel said...

Wow, you got a lot of snow! We only got maybe two inches over the weekend but it has already melted away. . .here's hoping spring is here to stay!!!

Peter and Mandy said...

Wow that is a long winter you're having. I'm jealous you have an apricot tree. We have a rose bush in a pot that is blooming all over the place. I did notice some popcorn on my apple tree(and some apples too) and some on the plum trees at my parents' house. Soon enough winter will leave you alone and you'll have popcorn all over the place.

lori said...

Love the poem! Don't love the snow! Beautiful pictures, though!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Rach, ours melted pretty fast too, but the damage was done (to my mental state anyway).

Mandy: sigh. I'm so jealous of your blooming trees (and roses!) I wish I could send you apricots - but we may not have very many this year :)