Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Get in Touch with My Inner Child

Easter is my favorite of all holidays. Maybe it's the time of the year. Maybe it's the many delicious kinds of candy. Maybe it's the beautiful Easter songs we sing at church (oh, I love them). I'm sure it has to do with the reason we celebrate, the resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ (see this amazing video).

But, I have to admit, part of my love for the holiday is decorating Easter eggs.

I really don't know why, but I love to do this. I always have these amazing and fantastic ideas and I always manage to mess up at least one egg (you know, the brown one). I managed to drop two eggs and crack them both. It was rather unfortunate.

This year was no exception.


(obviously, none of the ruined eggs on display)



This little egg was my favorite. Probably because the dyeing part was quite simple. Hard to mess up an all yellow egg with a small portion of orange at the bottom. I was pretty pleased with myself for actually creating something cute. Too bad he must be consumed soon.

I also made us Easter baskets, but didn't take pictures. Partly because the amount of candy stuffed into those makeshift baskets was enough to give a sugar buzz to a small herd of elephants. And partly because they weren't cute - just bags of candy shoved into two little buckets.

6 comments:

leela said...

Cute eggs! You must be great with kids. I am going to be the mom who is too lazy to get out the egg dye and deal with the mess. Instead I will send the kids outside to weed the yard in lieu of an easter egg hunt.

Peter and Mandy said...

Love the eggs. We didn't dye eggs this year. We were lame. We didn't do baskets either. Saturday night we thought about getting candy, but then decided we really wouldn't eat it. We still have three bags of Easter candy from last year...I think I'm going to toss those out.

Becca said...

Cute! I was really sad I didn't get to dye any eggs this year. My nieces and nephews did it without me!

kelleen said...

I love the little chick-super cute. My kids dyed eggs for the 1st time, and really loved it-especially Chloe& we somehow managed to NOT dye all of their clothes and skin-hooray!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Leela, I probably should have been weeding :)

Mandy, I knew there was a reason you and Peter were so thin and had good teeth.

Kay said...

For some reason I think Amy head would tell you to call him "Egburt" and I would agree. By the way, did you see those dyed eggs on the front of Martha Stewart Living magazine at the grocery store? Bahhh. She always has to be so perfect. It almost inspired me to dye some too, but the kids were really sick and there wasn't time. I still think Mrs. Clark looks just like Martha too. I love the cadbury dark chocolate mini eggs (purple bag) and if we weren't moving soon I would buy 20 or so on sale now and put them in the freezer to eat all year.