This past weekend, I did something new. It was a little bit crazy and a lot of fun.
Want to know what it was? Well, whether or not, here it comes:
I read. Books.
I know, I do that all the time. This time, I was doing it all day. With other people. (I'm definitely not the only nut out there.)
I participated in a 24-hour read-a-thon. It was a thrill! (Which makes me think I need to get out more...)
I didn't read for 24 hours. I slept in and went to bed before it ended. But, still I enjoyed myself. About 16 hours of what I love most: reading.
If you want to know what the experience was like, see here and here. And here, here, here, and here. And last of all, here. I assure you, most of you don't want to read all those entries. The last one will sum up all my "accomplishments."
I used to adore those read-ins we had in elementary school (I'm sure it was nothing to do with the treats) and I jumped at the chance to do it as a grown-up. Fortunately, there are audio books available, so I was also able to garden and do other household chores while "reading."
Hey, they host these read-a-thons twice a year - next one's in October...
Any of you up for a read-a-thon?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Time Well Spent
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
8:01 PM
Labels: adventures outside the library, literary musings, me - what more can I say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! David and I like to have reading dates where we either read the same book together or we each pick a different one. We usually end up falling asleep though. Sleep deprivation tends to put a damper on read-a-thons, so read on my friend, while you still can!!!!
I know I said I never read books, but I started reading again-- Twilight. I got caught up in the excitement of many people who have read and loved those books. So, I read the first and I'm almost done with the second and it has been soooo long, but I remember that I LOVE reading! It is so much more fulfilling than watching tv too. I am sure that I will keep reading other books when I am done with this series.
Amy, I love the read with your spouse thing. We started reading a book over a year ago and are still plugging away. It's kind sad.
Leela, I am so thrilled! I love it when people get excited about reading anything!
Post a Comment