Do you ever feel like you are in a rut with sides so steep you marvel at the size of the wheel that made it?
I have been feeling that way recently.
So, I came up with a few ways to beat the monotony of this rut. (Note: you may not want to try some of these activities at home.)
Make a yummy dessert (and then eat it)
Make a small fire
Or a very large one
Have a piano recital (or do some gold digging)
Make a phone call
And, since I found this pretty spectacular quote about embracing repetition, I thought I'd share:
The divine delight in what seems to us to be mere repetition is one clue to the sublime character of God. Since we must, at times, accept what appears to us to be routine, repeated experiences, we too, if we try, can find fresh meaning and fresh joy in the repeated experiences. God’s course is one eternal round but it is not one monotonous round. God is never bored, for one who has perfect love is never bored. There is always so much to notice, so much to do, so many ways to help, so many possibilities to pursueSo, what do you do to break up the monotony of your life, or have you learned the secret of enjoying routine? (If so, please share.)
--Neal A. Maxwell
4 comments:
Sometimes I watch even stevens reruns. What a good Maxwell quote. On April 28th I'm flying home for my little brother's wedding. I hope you wont mind if I hunt you down and make you come have lunch with me or something. I miss you tons.
mmmm, love that quote!!
Kay, LIKE I WOULD EVER MIND!!!! Yeah!
With two little boys things tend to repeat. Phrases that I learned from my mother, messes that I swore I just cleaned up, and funky smells that you don't want to know where they came from, are among the few. I wouldn't trade it for the spontinaity(sp?) of the world!
Post a Comment