Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cabinets Before and After

So, the long awaited view of my cabinets has arrived.  Though I almost wanted to wait until I put hardware on them before I revealed their new color.  But, since that day may be a bit farther off than anticipated, I figured I'd post these before and after pics.  After all that sanding and varnishing, I am pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I didn't do a very good job capturing before photos (well, ok, I know there was a good one somewhere...) but you will get the idea. If you want more before and during views, check out these two progress posts.

What our lovely oak cabinets looked like before.  Not a look I am fond of. 

We spent quite some time sporting the dual look too.  It was sort of entertaining.  In an annoying kind of way.

And with some labels, for fun.

And then some after photos.  The colors change in the photos depending on the lighting.  You can pretty much call it whatever color you'd like.  The finish was mahogany.

For some further fun Before and After comparisons, check out these lovelies:



And one last view of them from the side.  Because I can :)

I'm quite happy to have finished and content with the final product.  I think it goes much better with the flooring and the counter tops.  The paint on the other hand...don't get me started :)

4 comments:

Cheltz said...

The contrast definitely goes better with your new floors! I'm excited to see your hardware. It can make such a difference!

It doesn't go with the paint? Did you also paint the kitchen? I can't really tell from the before and after pics.

Kay said...

Looks fantastic Moley! Lots of work, but it payed off. I'm wondering if I have the patience and energy to refinish mine now.

Peter and Mandy said...

ahh they look great, and will probably look fancy with some hardware too :) So are you relatively done with all your fixing now?

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Cheltz, thanks! Yes, we painted the kitchen already. Go figure.

Kay, it certainly takes a lot of both of those! Let me know if you decide to try it :)

Mandy, thank you! I don't know that I'd say done, but relatively is a good word for it :)