Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Candy Shop War




WOW! I really really loved this book! I went into it, kind of expecting it to be a fluffy kids book (which, I enjoy, actually) but I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of the story and the characters. It had a really good plot twist that I totally did not see coming and unlike so many books now, wraps up without the need of a series. I love series and all, but I am kind of getting tired of the people leaving open endings with the intent to write a billion sequels. So, definitely a good read and worth the effort to get it (come on, people it isn't that hard to get to a library!!!) Oh, the age ranges from 8-12 yr olds, and it might be a tiny bit frightening for younger kids, but not too bad!

0 comments: