This is a really fun book! I found it because it won the Caldecott award for illustration. Now, if you think it is a little picture book, beware. It is a "picture book" of sorts, but it is definately NOT little. It is really quite innovative in its design. Don't be daunted by its size, because I read it in less than a day. At least half of the pages are covered in these huge amazingly beautiful drawings. I loved how much the book felt like an old movie with the black pages and the illustrations. Any art lover should check this book out, even if you don't like the style of the drawings. It was just lots of fun to delve into and a fairly interesting story as well. Comes highly recommended!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
1:28 PM
Labels: books worthy of note
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What age group is it for?
The reviews say ages 9-12. I know, I sometimes still think I am a kid...
my cute librarian mother in law has mentioned this - I'm dying to see it!
Post a Comment