I have an addiction for Jamba Juice. I fell in love back in the day when it was still Zuka Juice around here. Now, however, my pocketbook has been limiting the number of times I can visit. Fortunately, my mother has many packages of frozen fruit in her freezer. Also fortunately, I am living in my mother's house and using her many packages of frozen fruit. I have discovered the sweet and satisfyingly cheap art of the home made smootheeeee. Rest assured, I have not been able to recreate entirely the Jamba experience, but it is a very tasty substitute. Here is a photo of the finished products. 
I assure you, they were very tasty and I urge you, if you are seeking to cut back on your Jamba expenses, try this at home, folks!! (Aren't you proud of me Matka?)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sweet and Cheap
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
8:54 PM
Labels: a bit of silliness really, adventures outside the library
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well I might be looking to cut back on thoe expenses, but we do not have anything like that around here. My largest expense is my 44 oz Cherry Dr Pepper I get each morning from Sonic, which lasts a few hours. Then if I need more, I can always go to the basement and use my debit card on the vending machines. Isn't that nuts?!?!? A debit/credit card for vending machines. I think that soon no one will need cash, then there will be a huge meltdown of the computer based banking systems, and we will all be reduced to nothing (Hm, I am thinking about Fight Club again...). So that is my ramblings before bed, enjoy your smoothies.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Oh, I should never have looked at your blog today. How I LOVE Jamba Juice (although I still call it Zuka) Did you know that in Iowa we don't have a single Jamba Juice or anything even similar? As we drive to Utah each time Albert gets so tired of me chanting, "Zuka. Zuka. Zuka. . .I mean Jamba. Jamba. Jamba."
Go you! I'd make my own smoothies too (mmmm....smoothies....) but I think I'm too lazy. It's easier to just dump ice cream and milk in a blender, mix it up, and call it a milkshake.
Oh Melissa. . .please please please put a post above this so I can visit your blog without crying at the unfairness of not having a smoothie joint near us! I'll be out in July. . .wanna grab one with me when I'm there?
Post a Comment