Lest ye think I was using that title as a synonym for food I made quickly and will attach a fabulous recipe of what I made...let me inform you I speak of the greasy reheated items purchased in one of those ever so clean and friendly "restaurants." It just so happens that my lovely husband had an assignment for a health/fitness class that requires him to go to a fast food "restaurant," sit down, and spend ONE HOUR eating your meal. Yeah. Fries, they don't taste as good when they are cold. Let's just say, I had my food eaten in about the first 20 minutes - and I was trying to eat slower.
Also, he was supposed to observe other people who went in and see how fast they eat. The winner was a gentleman who from sitting down until he left was there for FIVE MINUTES - it kinda made me feel sick (more than the food did :) I guess the point of the study was to see that if you take longer to eat, you won't be able to finish the whole meal, you will instead be full. It didn't really work for my husband (who can really tuck it away, despite his moderate size) but definitely did for me :)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Fast Food
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
10:34 AM
Labels: adventures outside the library
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how interesting! And slightly disturbing =)
I thought that the whole point of fast food was that is was suppose to be....well....fast? I have found that if I eat fast food, as a generally slow eater, I can never eat as much as my brain seems to think it wants to order. My husband on the other hand, despite his small size, can put down at least twice as much in half as much time. It is amazing. Separately, I notice that when I eat fast food I feel fuller longer. I have always thought that this was from the massive amount of calories and fat that is involved. I think you have a certain allotment that you can handle a day. Kind of like what is called the "Cheese limit". I love cheese, but we all know there is that point when you eat too much and your stomach tell you stop now or it will be returned. It is a very finite and distinct limit. We all know it. I think our bodies know the fatty food limit. And thus, if I have fast food for lunch I am not hungry for dinner - which is a good and bad thing. Totally throws off your metabolism, and eating one meal a day is horrible. Yet I tend to find myself doing it the more busy I get and the more fast food I eat. So, even if I eat less....no lose weight. There is a total trade off. I would rather eat more if I am not going to lose weight. :) Ok, enough rambling, I should use my rambling brain to work on my dissertation. Btw I got a job! Look here: http://webapps.itsd.ttu.edu/asannouncements/s_aeView.php?announceid=19123 and if you need a login it is aholling and Arh28arh. Hope all is well, you should send me a note back sometime you know.... :)
Post a Comment