I came across this delightful piece written about the pervasive and highly contagious disease of book collecting. It made my own bibliophile tendencies seem unimpressive. And my collection of hundreds seems minuscule.
I absolutely loved the side bar "A History of Private Libraries." Heaven forbid one should actually read the books one collects. (I haven't read all mine, BTW :)
Sigh. I love books.
*And, since I know you have all just been biting your nails waiting for it, I will be doing book recommendations soon!*
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Only a Wannabe
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
2:33 PM
Labels: librarian-ness, literary musings, other's niftyness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh. . .Jordan just started reading the first Harry Potter book and LOVES it. I'd love to hear other little boy recommendations.
Hmmm...I will have to think about that one and get back to you, Rach. Sounds like he is reading above his grade level though!
That was a charming article! As I look around our little apartment, packed full of packed bookshelves, I often find myself wondering which books I absolutely couldn't live without. Of course, I intend to keep all (or at least most) of them, but what if I only had a small 3-shelf unit for all of my books...which ones would I keep? This very topic has actually been mulled over in my brain and may eventually become its very own blog post. We'll see. First, though, I'd have to decide which books I'd absolutely have to keep. That's the hard part.
Post a Comment