Don't be put off by the title of this entry. I will not go into details of the second law of thermodynamics and thus turn away the handful of readers I already have :)
But, having my physics background, I just wanted to prove that I can still apply these principles in my life. The gist of this law is that entropy in an isolated system will increase over time. Entropy itself is sometimes equated with disorder. While this may not be the mathematical or physical meaning of the word (sorry, Pop) I find that application to be pertinent to my current situation.
Or, more plainly stated, "when your parents go on a mission, everything falls apart."
That is quite an overstatement, but here is a list of the things that have gone wrong since my parents left:
- the tiller broke
- the car broke
- the oven broke
- the microwave broke
- the doorbell broke
- the strawberry plants died (my own fault though)
- the house plants died (in the SPRING - they made it all winter, and then I killed them)
- ant invasion in the garden
- aphid invasion in the trees
- AND most recently, the toilet clogged (thanks to some mischievous little kids who flushed a toy and a wad of paper down it :)
I am sure many more things will break or explode before they come home. BUT, we are not in the least sorry they decided to go - we are, in fact, quite happy :) Particularly since a few good things have happened too, including, but definitely not limited to:
- 3 baptisms
- 2 babies born and blessed

2 comments:
oh yes, entropy is the story of my life!
Couple missionaries are one of my favorite things! I bet your parents are FABULOUS missionaries!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with disorder all around me. Of course, I think my parents are great missionaries...I might be a bit biased though...
Post a Comment